Rochester Family Lawyer Is Guided by Christian Principles
Compassionate and diligent service during extremely difficult times
A crisis in your family can do lasting damage emotionally and financially. However, if you get reliable advice and supportive legal representation, it’s possible to achieve practical goals for a positive and secure future. At the Law Office of Maurice J. Verrillo, P.C., we understand how important your family is to you, and how distressing a family law dispute can be. With compassion for your circumstances, we provide personal attention to your concerns. But we also take a practical approach to solving problems that seeks to leave you in a better position than when you came to us for help.
Full-service family law practice provides personal attention
As a Christian law practice, we are committed to compassionate counsel and honest, ethical advocacy. In family law matters, this often means choosing strategies that achieve our client’s goals without undue hostility toward the opposing party and resolving disputes in a cooperative manner that heals relationships. We provide a range of family law services, which include:
- Divorce— If you’ve decided that dissolving your marriage is the best option for you and your children, we can guide you through the process of a contested or uncontested divorce, while protecting your parental and property rights.
- Legal separation — If a final divorce is not appropriate, you can get formal recognition of your separated status and resolve issues of custody, child and spousal support, and property division with a legal separation.
- Child custody — We work to achieve parenting plans that protect your rights as a parent and serve the best interests of your children.
- Child support — We work to keep the process honest, so your child support order is based on your true financial situation.
- Division of marital property —We protect your property rights by demanding transparency and bringing to the court’s attention all pertinent factors that argue for a fair property division.
- Paternity actions — When parents are not married, parental rights and obligations are not automatic. We represent mothers, children and putative fathers in paternity actions that impact issues such as child support, child custody, and inheritance.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — When engaged couples and spouses draft marital agreements solidifying their property rights, they can relieve a great deal of stress from their relationship.
- Post-divorce modifications and enforcement — Issues such as child support and child custody may require adjustments as your children grow and your circumstances change. We help our clients obtain modifications of outmoded orders and enforce orders that their ex is wrongly violating.
In all of these areas of family law, we remain deeply committed to our clients and to our Christian values throughout the legal process.
Contact our faith-based family law practice in Rochester
The Law Office of Maurice J. Verrillo, P.C. in Rochester appreciates how much turmoil a family law crisis can cause, and we work diligently to resolve your difficulties in a timely manner. Mention our website when you call us at 585-563-1134 or when you contact us online and receive a free 30-minute initial consultation.